About Us - Careers
At Intransa, we work hard to be the market leader in infrastructure and services for the physical security industry. As such, we have built a great team that crosses sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, engineering and support among other disciplines.
As a well funded and growing privately-held company, we offer a positive and dynamic work environment whether at our Silicon Valley corporate headquarters and R&D facilities, or in the field meeting the needs of our customers and partners. We offer competitive compensation, including stock options, and comprehensive benefits.
Posted career openings come up frequently at Intransa to continue to grow our team. If one or more that you are interested in are posted below, please contact us by sending your resume and a cover letter via email to email@example.com, indicating the opportunity you are interested in.
And even when a listing isn't posted, you can tell us about yourself in an email with a resume attached. Often the best way is to follow @Intransa on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, where we often provide insight into new career opportunities and specific positions we are looking to fill.
Job Title : Cloud Automation EngineerApply for this job
Intransa is a storage appliance company, delivering products that meet high-performance, availability and reliability requirements in an emerging, fast-growing market of video surveillance. Intransa solutions are mission-critical systems and must be resilient under failures at any level. A key part of delivering these solutions is providing a 7x24 Cloud-based solution to help customers, partners and Intransa service personnel monitor and support these systems.
This position is primarily responsible for the architecture, automation and ongoing operations of this cloud-based service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Design the SaaS production architecture, procedures and policies for performance, availability and security.
- Develop, select, and implement monitoring & testing mechanisms to demonstrate SLA goals are being met.
- Implement automation to push releases to QA, Staging and, when ready, to Production in seamless ways with minimum outages and zero data loss.
- Evaluation and recommendation of various cloud and/or co-lo vendors as well as capital requirements for all aspects of the SaaS service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be familiar with the following:
- Object-Oriented programming languages such as Java and/or Groovy/Grails.
- Relational and NoSQL data architectures
- Scripting languages for both Linux and Windows.
- Production configuration tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Configuration of Firewalls, DNS, Load balancing services
- Amazon Web Services and tools such as Cloud Formation
- Nagios, Splunk or other operations monitoring mechanisms
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in a group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from peers, executives, customers or security auditors. Ability to write procedures and policy documents for internal consumption that is concise and complete.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is predominantly required to use a computer and access both the company network and internet. Emergency situations may require the employee to log into the infrastructure at any hour of the day or night, any day of the year.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.